The beginning of autumn signals the onset of football season. Tailgating is a popular activity for fans that want to pair their favorite foods and beverages with game-day exhilaration. If you’re new to the pastime or need a refresher on how to do it the right way, here are some helpful tips to keep in mind when tailgating in your truck this fall.
Before the game
Keep the following items stored in a toolbox, either in the backseat area or the truck bed, so you’ll be ready at a moment’s notice for the next tailgating event:
- Trash bags
- Masking tape
- Basting brush
- Your favorite condiments, spices, and seasonings
- Wet wipes
- Plastic zip bags
- Hand sanitizer
- Paper towels
- Mini flashlight
- Wooden skewers
- Permanent marker
- Can opener
- Bottle opener
During the game
Stay safe and maximize your fun when tailgating by observing the following rules.
- Show up a few hours earlier than game time, to claim a good spot in the parking lot.
- Have each member of your tailgating party bring enough alcohol for four people, to ensure that you have a sufficient supply during the game.
- Drink only from your tailgate, even if there are other sports fans nearby that are rooting for your team.
- Keep pickup games to a minimum, to avoid sabotaging other tailgaters parties and grill sessions.
- Clean up after yourself by bringing a few garbage bags and using them.
If you’re in need of a new tailgating vehicle this fall, stop by Dave Kehl Chevrolet. We’ll help you find the right Colorado or Silverado 1500 to suit your lifestyle and enhance your tailgating parties.